Work Permit

For working in Canada it is necessary to have a work permit, which lasts most often for 2 years with a possibility of extension. A person can work there not more than 4 years without any interruption. After this period the employee has to interrupt the stay in Canada only if in the meanwhile she/he have received the permission for permanent residence.


There are two types of work permits:

Standard “WORK PERMIT” - is bound to a specific employer and a specific profession.

"OPEN WORK PERMIT" - with this authorization holder may carry out any work that is not regulated and subjected to license. This permit is issued only to the partner of the person holding a work permit or authorization to study "Study Permit", and their profession fulfils certain conditions.